Tuesday 19 February 2008

Its really fecking COLD!!!!

And why does this not seem to bother kids????? I'm standing there freezing my bits off, supervising the planting of the sweet peas we bought yesterday.....and we bought a LOT of sweet peas, 1 x multi pack which had 100 seed in + 3 packs containing 25 seeds each...... and 20 planting tubes!!! So 4 seeds went in each tube, then I battled with the shed which Dan has packed to bursting and trying to fit my Bump around the strimmer to locate more pots!!! Which T was thankfully happy to fill ...I wasn't about to - too flippin cold, then we watered them, and stuck them in the greenhouse and I'm hoping the soil won;t freeze!!! L was very happy to play in the ice and near freezing puddles in the bottom of buckets with no gloves on???? But they are all in and I just hope they grow!
T did some reading for me this morning after a bit of cajoling and a fair few threats. He tends to guess alot of the words which I'm assuming is normal, he would also rather read what he thinks is there as opposed to whats actually on the page but when he actually looks at it he does really well!! We're up to 6 pages at a time which means he actually knows what's going on in the story. We also did a mini book for our lap book on Space - its a did you know about the moon. Quit impressed with the things he's remembered. I ordered the Sam Neill "Space" series on DVD as they only last half an hour and really seem to push the right buttons. All in all, despite the fact that I am shattered and doing a very attractive waddle we seem to be getting stuff done!
Writing endless lists for T's party on Fri! A request has been put in for Doritos, apparently the normal organic crisps are getting boring!

No comments: